Wednesday, February 5, 2014

&*(Walgreens Haul && Swatches)*&

Hello lovelies! I have returned a day late, but returned none the less! haha I am still getting into the swing of things with blogging again and working on the facebook fan page so thank you all for support and sticking with me! I appreciate each of you who take the time to look at my blog or keep up with me on facebook! Now it's time to get to the good stuff! =)

So I do not have a large haul but I wanted to do swatches of some products I'd heard great reviews on and if you are a nail art lover such as myself, I found some great finds at Walgreens that I had to share! So let's get to it!

First off, I have been wanting to try Wet n Wild products for awhile now after so many reviews I've seen through YouTube and the blogger world. There was a hit and a miss in what I picked up. Let's start with miss.

 
 
So I used to use my BFTE cosmetics eye shadows wet as eyeliner and with the company being shut down for an undetermined amount of time, I figured it was time to venture out into actual color eyeliner pencils. Well, unfortunately I do not see me using these in the future.
 
 
 
While the colors might swatch well and have an okay color payoff, I could tell instantly these would not be long wearing, especially for waterline. It claims to 1: Be rich in color. This is true. The colors are beautiful. I give them kudos for that. 2, they claim they apply smoothly. I agree, they were smooth to apply. 3, they are creamy to be able to be used in different ways. While they are creamy, they 4th claim fails completely. They are not long lasting. At all.
 
 



The top smudge line is with the slightest pressure which still shows that it smeared even with the slightest touch. The middle smudge line was with medium pressure, swiped once. These are fun colors but I do not feel they would last very long actually on the eyes. For me, I have dry eyes which makes me have to use eye drops throughout the day. This no doubt would fade any liner off my water line. So for me personally, I call this a miss.
 
Next up are a hit! The Wet n Wild coloricon palettes! I picked up the famed The Naked Truth palette and for fun and a future project, the Spoiled Brat palette.
 
 
 
So let's start with what is a personal hit for me, the Spoiled Brat palette.
 
(Left is a dry swatch, right is wet)
 
These palettes are so buildable which is by far the best quality about them! Not only are they buildable, but the colors are so soft and pigmented. I own a lot of different eye shadows from different companies, but I do not own anything close to this silver. It has a high powered shine to it and is like melted silver. If you are a fan of silver eye shadows, pick this palette up! It's worth it! The black color is VERY sparkly which in my case, I love. It blends well and can be built easily to a seriously strong black. The pink shade is pretty and able to start out as a soft pink or buildable to give a powerful punch of color!
 
Next is The Naked Truth palette.
 
 
I wish these palettes had names for the colors so I could better describe them. I'll start with the lightest color. As you can tell, it's my skin tone which is why Spoiled Brat palette is better in my opinion. For me personally, the colors of this palette just do not work as well for my light complexion. The second lightest shade still doesn't show much and honestly the flash I think is the only reason you see it on my skin. Without the bright lighting, it's hard to see on me as well. The last colors though are beautiful and I love for a smoky eye. The darkest color is such a great smoke out color and could be paired with so many color combinations. It looks shiny but this color is actually matte. Lighting issues caused it to look slightly different. The next color is a frosty finish but a beautiful color for an everyday neutral look. The last color is a copper color that has glitter in it but it is still a very wearable color for any day. All of these colors are creamy and easy to apply, just some didn't show on my lighter skin.
 
The last items I picked up were found at the end of an isle and I picked up every style of them that I found in my store! They are nail art decals. I was shocked to find these gem wheels for $2! What a steal! Here are the styles I picked up! The first one I think is my favorite and I can't wait till after Valentine's Day to play with!
 


 
 
I will be playing with these more over the next few days and plan on using the Spoiled Brat palette this weekend so hopefully I'll have a new look tutorial for you all soon. I'm also working on doing my nails tomorrow for a new nail tutorial so stick with me! I really am returning to the blogging scene!
 
If you would like to keep up to date on new posts, please follow my facebook fan page by clicking like:
 
 
I try to post on there of upcoming posts and such! I hope you all are doing wonderful and as always..
 
Until next time, stay smiling!
LB






No comments:

Post a Comment