Saturday, February 12, 2011

&*(ELF Cosmetics Haul/Review -- e.l.f. Essentials Brightening Eye Color)*&

This will be Part 1 of a very large ELF cosmetics Haul/Review.

I found out about ELF by viewing some YouTube videos and everyone raved about these products. On top of that, they are cheap! They have their regular line which is all.. wait for it.. $1.00. The studio line is usually $3.00 or $5.00 plus they have a mineral line which I think is amazing!

You can find ELF cosmetics at http://www.eyeslipsface.com/ or sometimes at your local dollar stores or Target!
*Just a tip, if you have facebook, like their page http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/elfcosmetics to keep up to date on sales that they have going on!! I got most of my items 50% off!!*

So in this section of my blog, I'm going to show swatches of the quads that ELF sells for a dollar each. First of all, did you catch that? A dollar for 4 colors. That's amazing to start out with. I was worried they would be really chalky or just really cheaply made since it is for a dollar but I LOVE THESE!! I really like using these for everyday since I can just throw the quad in my purse and go. I like that behind where the applicator sits, there is a mirror for on the go as well. Now, I will say that I'm not impressed with ALL of these quads. I was really excited about the neutral quads for just an everyday look but they were so light. As you will see in my photos, I'm fair skinned and they didn't even show on me. So my opinion go darker than you would normally. Also, I think these are a great way for you to try out different colors and just experiment! They are only a dollar after all and they can be applied wet or dry. Now, I would recommend that you have a fan brush or something to help sweep away fall out under your eyes because a lot of these are glittery and have fallout but for a dollar, who can really complain?! I like that their are lots of color combinations and the bright colors I sometimes use for eyeliner on the bottom lashline just to give a pop of color if I'm in a hurry.

Here are the photos and the name of the quads. Note: I did not use a base and they are applied dry.

Nymph Dreams
*My opinion -- these would be great wet and with a base! I find that the gold champagne color that comes with a lot of these would make for great camera makeup.. doesn't show as much with natural lighting.*





Matte Mauve
*My opinion -- These are true to what they say. They are all matte colors but sadly didn't show on me other than the dark pinky tone. This quad would work better for someone with darker skin tone than me!*






Silver Lining
*My opinion -- One of my favorite quads, just because I love purple eyeshadow! haha But the color pay off is great and I like that these are lighter colors. Would make a great during the day look!*






Ethereal
*My opinion -- Okay the first color in this quad is AMAZING as a highlight. I love the shimmer in it and it makes for a great color on my skin tone, but the rest of the quad.. I really didn't like. As you can see, they don't show well on my skin and I'm just not a fan of the darkest color. To each their own on that one though!*



Ivy
*My opinion -- Personally, I don't wear a lot of green eyeshadow since it washes out my already greenish hazel eyes. I think the first two would make a great green smokey eye though! They are really pigmented.*






Teal Dream
*My opinion -- I love this quad! I personally use teal on my lower lash line for just a pop of color. I'm not afraid of color though! haha The first color in the quad is another favorite highlight color!*







Glam
*My personal opinion -- The black color is amazing! I love the sparkle in it and its not like anything I have in my already good size makeup collection. The soft pink is a really pretty color too for any skin tones*








Butternut
*My opinion -- I believe this is another camera makeup quad.. The two lighter colors look amazing with my camera flash but looks like just glitter without the light. The two darker colors are amazing though. Its a chocolate brown and the other is a true like copper color! They would look amazing wet*





Day 2 Night
*My opinion -- This is my favorite quad!! The gold color is so pretty on and this can truly make a day or night looks! They are very buildable colors and I use this a lot during the week for just a bit of color*







Hazy Hazel
*My opinion -- My favorite quad with a purple tone. This is a very wearable everyday quad. I like that it has the pop of color in the quad but it has neutral tones as well so you could do a day or night look in my opinion*





Drama
*My opinion -- PERFECT smokey eye palette! I did my friend's makeup for a night out and I have wore this quite a few times. I like how the black is a buildable black and it gets really dark!*








Punk Funk
*My opinion -- Okay don't be afraid of the colors in this quad haha 1. they are not as bright as they are in the quad, 2. they make great eyeliners for that pop of color. I think this is a great quad since it was a good way to try out using some more vibrant colors without them being completely out there*





Rocker
*My opinion -- Okay, I really don't like this quad. The lightest color doesn't build at all and its really flakey. I couldn't get it on a brush even without having to like scrap the top of the color.. The rest of the colors are okay but in this quad I'd rather all the colors be usable.*






I hope you all like my reviews on this product. My next post will be just random eye products that I ordered from ELF. Please give feedback!! I really want to hear what others think of my reviews, the layout, if too much info, wanting more info, etc.

Thanks again for viewing!!

XoXoXo,
LB

NOTE: I BOUGHT ALL OF THESE PRODUCTS WITH MY OWN MONEY. I AM NOT PAID TO REVIEW THESE PRODUCTS!!

No comments:

Post a Comment