Saturday, February 12, 2011

&*(Who I Am.. What Beauty is too Me)*&

Hello everyone --

I've decided before I do my first swatches and reviews on my ELF cosmetic haul that I recieved this week, I'd write just a little about me and just what beauty is too me. So here we go!!

Instead of giving my life story *yet* haha I thought I'd start just a few years ago, when I really got into makeup. 2 years ago, I got married to my amazing husband, Jonathan, who is in the Air Force and stationed in New Mexico. I was living in Ohio and we moved me here to New Mexico after the wedding. I thought I was ready for change but let's just say I  didn't have a whole lot of change in my life by now. I stayed close with friends after high school, I wanted to stay in Ohio even but my life wasn't meant to stay there. I moved here to New Mexico and I had a really hard time meeting people and making new friends. I sort of locked myself away afraid of being judged, of starting new. My life had a lot of drama in it in Ohio so moving here it was strange too me because it was a clean slate, exactly what I needed. My husband would go to work and I'd stay at home all day since we only have one vehicle and I just really wasn't sure what I wanted to do with my life here.. So, I was told to watch a YouTube channel because the person was hilarious... so that's where I started. Simply watching videos of just random stuff till I came across a nail tutorial by JulieG713. I was immediately hooked! I went out and bought similar colors and found I was able to do my first nail design. I'd went to college for awhile for multimedia and found that I could use my creative side with nails.. then went to makeup after seeing makeup tutorials. I watched videos all the time and then ended up starting up selling Avon and doing home daycare. I was able to do everything I loved. I saw videos of all these amazing things these women on YouTube were able to accomplish and all I could think was... I want to do that! I'd be good at that. 

So I started getting makeup here and there, practicing all the time, till I found I had a real passion for makeup and nail design. I realized I actually wanted to pursue doing YouTube videos and a beauty blog. Now, I'll admit now that I've started all of this I have a TRUE RESPECT for the people on YouTube!! It's a lot of work to do everything from creating my beauty blog, to editing pictures, to swatches, to lighting/location, to actually recording yourself.. but I just want to inspire others like I was inspired.

I always said that beauty is an art.. defined by you. The great thing is you can make it your own! I don't follow certain trends or what's in. I just am who I am and feel that that's good enough. I decided to start this blog to help others to get an idea of how products work, to not waste money lol, and to just share my thoughts. I decided to do all of this for a bigger reason though... It challenges me. I am doing something out of my element by putting myself out there but it's exciting at the same time! I'm going to take you all on this journey with me. I was afraid of what my family and friends would think when I said, hey I'm going to be on YouTube but I realized that it doesn't matter... I have a passion for this and want to inspire others and help teach them how with a little time and their creativity, they can do anything! I am, you can too!

Remember always believe in yourself and follow your dreams! It'll take you far!

XoXoXo,
LB

No comments:

Post a Comment