Friday, February 18, 2011

&*(Nail Tutorial -- Pretty in Purples)*&

Hello everyone! I'm sorry it's taken so long to get back on here to post again. I've been really busy with work and with stuff coming up this weekend. I promise the other reviews I have for ELF cosmetics will be up on Sunday!! Anyways, until then I decided to try to do a tutorial on here for nails since I am big into nail design. I just did a simple french tip but with bold colors! Keep reading for tips and tricks!! =) Hope you enjoy! Thank you again to everyone who has read my blog and such! =) The feedback has been great. =)

Here we go!!

I will list the products I use first then a picture of my nails as I was doing them.

So first I ABSOLUTELY love AVON nail products. I couldn't grow my nails out before for the life of me but started using Nail Experts -- length & strength complex and now I have long nails!! Now this product is supposed to be used alone without nail polish but I always use it as like a primer for my nails. I do have ALOT of AVON makeup/Nail stuff, etc because I do sell AVON but I'm not on here to promote myself, I'm on here to promote products that I really like and to give reviews on things I've tried. =) This is one of those products I use ALOT. =)






Now, I can not stress enough when doing nails that you should use a good base coat. If not, you end up with a situation like I have in this picture. haha I had painted my nails a bright pinky coral color without a base coat since I couldn't find one and it dyed my nails. I'm working on getting the tint off of my nails using another AVON product but it takes a little bit.. so PLEASE use a base coat.

Trick: If you don't want to spend a lot on getting a nice base coat, keep white nail polish on hand! I use white when I can't find a base coat or if I just want the colors to be true to the bottle and more vibrant. I totally goofed and didn't take a picture of the white coat I did, but I did take a picture of the product I used! lol




Product I used was Sally Hansens Hard as Nails Xtreme Wear nail color in White On


















I am a huge fan of Sally Hansen nail polish, the Xtreme wear especially. You'll find that you don't have to spend $6.00 dollars on a single nail polish just to get good quality. Now I love china glaze, sephora brand, etc just as much as these but these cost $2.00 versus $6.00 so I can get more colors and still have a great quality product. You'll find most of my nail tutorials will be done with this brand, AVON, Sinful Colors, or Pure Ice.. All cost about $2.00 at your local walmart, drugstore, kmart, or on avon.com etc. You can find them pretty much anywhere that nail polish is sold! haha


Next color I used was Black on Black by Sinful Colors.. I love the formula of these and how they don't chip easily. I also love that this is a true black so you don't need 5 coats to get the color. =)














Now one of my biggest tips about doing nails, DON'T WORRY ABOUT IT BEING MESSY! haha You will see in most of my tutorials, that I'm not worried about making sure not to get any nail polish on my skin.. Either take a Q-Tip dipped in nail polish remover to clean them up OR wait till your nails are COMPLETELY dry and take a shower. The nail polish on your skin will come right off in the shower. If you don't want to take a shower, soak your fingers for a bit in warm water for about 15 minutes then carefully peel the nail polish off your skin!

Nails art is supposed to be fun so give yourself time to relax, watch your favorite TV show, just be prepared to let them dry fully then clean them up. =)



After letting the black nail polish dry, I put a coat of this polish over the entire nail. This is such an amazing color, one of my favorites at the moment. This is by Pure Ice in the color Cheatin. I have almost all the colors of Pure Ice from my local Walmart just because I love the price and the wearablity of this nail polish. Plus, I'm a sucker for color names and theirs are adorable! haha












With the color Cheatin, add as much or as little glitter as you want. Make sure if you build the amount of glitter like I did, to make thin coats and let them dry inbetween. Or use a nail dryer product such as ONYX Professional 3-2-1 Dry! Salon Nail Dryer.. It's a product you spray over your nails to help dry them faster. Personally with these colors though being so pigmented, I found you really need to rush the drying time. =)











For the french tip color, I used this purple color by Pure Ice called No Means No. This color goes well with the glitter colors in Cheatin. I like how this color has a blue undertone so it compliments the purple and teal colored glitter.

Remember, be creative! You don't have to use the same colors I did!! =) Nail art is about your style, the color combinations YOU come up with! Don't be afraid to be bold or if you want, soften the colors! As I always say BEAUTY IS DEFINED BY YOU! =)








Alright, the best tip I can give about doing a french tip is 2 things:

1.) Seriously, don't be afraid to be messy and get nail polish on your skin. It comes off. =)

2.) Start on one side of the nail and instead of dragging the brush across your nail,... rotate your finger to apply the polish. It'll give a cleaner line and gives you more control.





 To add the pin stripe under the No Means No color and to just clean up the look of the line, I used Kiss Nail Art Paint in Black.. This is a GREAT item to have in your nail collection. The brush in very thin so you can make fine lines instead of the bigger lines you make with a regular nail polish brush.













 And here is the finished look!!

I didn't take a picture of it all cleaned up but literally after this dried, I just took a shower and it cleaned it up for me! =)

I hope you enjoyed my tips/tricks/ and this look!! I will next be doing a cheetah print next week so keep a look out for that!!







Enjoy your weekend, everyone!

Remember, be creative & just be you!!

XoXoXo,
LB

No comments:

Post a Comment