Monday, April 18, 2011

&*(Nail Tutorial -- Girly it Up)*&

Hello lovelys! I feel terrible that yet again I'm late on getting my post up! But I promise I do have the two tutorial pictures ready and am posting today! Also, doing a what's coming up post as well! =)

So if you'd like to see how I did these super cute girly nails, read on! Thanks again for all of the support!


The products I used for these super cute nails:
1.) Sally Hansen Hard as Nails Hardener
2.) Sinful Colors Basecoat
3.) Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear in Lacey Lilac
4.) Pure Ice polish in Oh Baby!
5.) Glitters from the Edelle Deco Art Kit
6.) Little jar of decals are from Abella Glamour Nail Art Kit







Starting with natural nails, I decided to do a coat of Sally Hansen Hardener because I know I preach about how you shouldn't peel off nail polish but I did the other day and tore up the tops of my nails. haha I had to cut them down and am trying to let them grow back in. Anyways, this was just an extra step, it isn't needed.












As always, start with a base coat. I don't care how light the nail polish is, you should always protect your nails to keep them from staining and to add just a protective layer in between your polish and your nails.




I used Sinful Colors Basecoat because it leaves a light milky colored coat which can help enhance the color of your polish.








Next, I used Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear in Lacey Lilac. This is a perfect color for spring in my opinion and it makes like the ultimate girly nails. :)

I should have done this to my other hand but I didn't think about it haha... Just a tip, you can use one of these wooden sticks to wipe away the nail polish that gets on the skin. They are cheap and can save you from having to use a lot of nail polish remover. =)










Now for the decorating! =)

To do the glitter french tip, I used Pure Ice nail polish in Oh Baby! because it has the same iridescent glitter as the glitter I used for the nails.

I did the normal swipe of the polish across just the tip of the nail and then dipped the nail into glitter on a paper plate.

NOTE: Make sure the rest of your nail polish is dried or it will stick too it.

To add the decals, I put a drop of the Hardener on a paper plate and used the wooden stick to dip into the polish and to pick up the decals and place them on the nails! It's as easy as that.


Add a top coat, and you are finished!!

I hope you enjoyed this tutorial. Stay tuned for some black and gold medieval nails. =)

Remember: Always stay smiling!

XoXoXo,
LB

No comments:

Post a Comment