Monday, April 18, 2011

&*(Nail Tutorial -- Medieval Times)*&

Hello lovelys! As promised, here is my second nail tutorial of the day!

I recently found a store called Jewelry in a Box where everything in the store is a dollar. Yes, a dollar! For nail stuff, hair accessories, makeup, fashion jewelry, and much more! I was beyond excited when I saw that the El Paso store had more items than the one they had in Las Cruces. Anyways, I've been looking for nail decals that didn't cost an arm and a leg! Luckily the store in El Paso had a lot of decals to choose from! I was super excited and spent more than I should but happy with the quality of everything I got.

Anyways, here is a tutorial with a few of the items I got from this store! Hope you enjoy!

NOTE: I am sorry that some pictures are turned and others are not.. all the pictures are aligned right and are how all my other posts are but for some reason, some are turning when loaded on here. Not sure what is going on! =(

Here are the products I used for this nail design:
1.) Sinful Colors Basecoat
2.) Sinful Colors nail polish in Black on Black
3.) Kiss Nail art Striping nail Polish in Black
4.) Nabi Striping nail Polish in Black Glitter
5.) Sally Hansen Hard as Nails Hardener








Decals from Jewelry in a Box














Abella Glamour Nail Art Kit

I used the gold glitter beads.











Starting with clean natural nails, I put a layer of Sally Hansen Hard as Nails hardener to help strengthen my nails to protect them from breaking. This hardener is a great product and is the reason I can grow my nails out like I do. I just recently cut them after doing the number one mistake people make with nails: To peel nail polish off... I knew better but did it anyways. lol Oops!












Next, I put two layers of Sinful Colors basecoat. I like this basecoat with dark colors to protect my nails from staining. It leaves your nails with a milky white base color.











Next, I painted my nails with one coat of Sinful Colors nail polish in Black on Black. This is such a pigmented color that you really only need one coat.




Again, I'm sorry the pictures are turned.. Can't figure out why they are loading that way but when I view the pictures they are all aligned the same way.







Next, to add some detail in the background of the stick on decals, I decided to do stripes of the Nabi striping nail polish in Black Glitter.

If you make too large of a stripe, you can always use the Kiss Nail Art striping nail polish in Black to fix mistakes. =)









Now time for decals! These decals are super easy to use. Literally I just picked them off the sheet with tweezers and placed them.

NOTE: After you do most of the decals and the french tip beads, the Nabi striping nail polish in Black Glitter doesn't show very well. I found it didn't give as much of detailing that I wanted. It's very subtle.






To do the french tip in these really small gold beads, I put a small amount on a paper plate and put the hardener nail polish on just the tips of my nails where I wanted the beads to stay.

Then I dipped my nails in the gold beads and shaped them the way I wanted with a wooden stick used for nails.







I personally liked doing this where the black was a little wet on the tips to darken some of the beads to give different tones to the beads. I think these turned out really cute. Just be careful not to let too many beads stick or it'll make the tips of your nails very thick.

Top with a top coat of your choice and you're done!

I personally used the hardener for my top coat because I feel it holds to decals better. Just my opinion though!


Have fun with these and I hope you all find a store like Jewelry in a Box near you!! I am always driving the like two hours to El Paso now since they have an Ulta store as well as the Jewelry in a Box! Gotta love it!

Until next time, Remember to Always Stay Smiling!

XoXoXo,
LB

4 comments:

  1. http://glamour-nail.in.ua/photo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! How much does Abella Glamour Nail Art Kit cost? The Abella kits are beautiful, but I only saw them in the internet, I can't find them in Argentina :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. I found them in a beauty dollar store in El Paso, Texas. :) They had all kinds of nail art sets and I bought so many of them! haha These are really great and I wish I could remember the store! :( Sadly, I got these over two years ago and can't remember the store name. It wasn't from a chain department store, I do know that much. It was just a small local store in the mall in El Paso. Sorry I wasn't any more help!! They really are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just read the post again and it was a local store called Jewelry in a Box. It was a beauty dollar store that I have seen in other states that have different names. I've seen a beauty dollar store here in Rock Hill, South Carolina called Glitter that sells the same products. I am sorry that isn't really helpful but thought I'd pass the information along! Thanks for viewing the blog!

    ReplyDelete