Wednesday, March 2, 2011

&*(ELF Cosmetics Haul/Review -- Misc. Lip Products)*&

Hello everyone!! I apologize in advance for this being late. I have been crazy busy since my husband and I will be moving in a few months and starting to make plans for that! I promise I am still doing my beauty blog! :)

I have tried recording some videos for my YouTube channel but I'm having to figure out this camera.. It's not focusing for some reason so if anything, until I get it working right and such, I will post tutorials on here with pictures. =) Next nail tutorial will be posted after I finish this. =) Cheetah nails, I'm going to be doing cupcake nails and strawberry nail tutorials soon! =)

Question of the Day:
Either answer on here, or my facebook page... What kind of nail designs would you like to see? Always looking for more ideas!

NOTE: I BOUGHT THESE PRODUCTS WITH MY OWN MONEY. I DO NOT WORK FOR ELF OR AM I BEING PAID TO DO THIS REVIEW. THESE ARE MY HONEST OPINIONS && I HOPE YOU ENJOY!!!

Onto the lip products!!



Therapeutic Conditioning Lip Balm - $1.00:
1.) Vanilla Creme (smells like vanilla)
2.) Orange Creme (smells exactly like orange cleaner)
3.) Blackberry Creme (has a sweet berry smell)
4.) Strawberry Creme (has a faint fake strawberry smell)

*My Opinion -- These are each a dollar and for the price, I guess they are not bad although each is a little different in the quality. I'm not sure if its the ingredients in the vanilla one but its really moisturizing and would be my reccomendation out of all of these.. I personally do not like the texture of the other three. The vanilla one is really creamy and goes on really smooth and actually feels like its conditioning my lips.. the others, not so much. They are more chalky too me. I really don't like the smell of the orange creme balm.. it's really strong smelling and it smells like something you'd use to clean your kitchen.. Not my favorite ELF product*

ELF Mineral Lipstick - $5.00
1.) Natural Nymph
2.) Runway Pink
3.) Barely Bitten
*My Opinion -- Honestly, these are not worth the money. I even got these on sale for 2.50 each and I still don't think they are worth that.. They are chalky, you'd have to use gloss with it and even then I don't like the way it looks. I prefer creamy lipsticks so they stay smooth as you wear them but the formula in these, I just really am disappointed in. If you did try these, NOTE: The colors on the website are not accurate. Each of the ones I got, the colors are actually a lot darker than the site shows. So personally I do not like these. Not worth $5.00!*




ELF Luscious Liquid Lipstick -- $1.00
1.)  Ruby Slipper
2.) Baby Lips
3.) Brownie Points
4.) Cherry Tart
5.) Raspberry
*My Opinion -- I actually really like these. It doesn't take much product to get a good color pay off. They all smell like peppermint. These are a little sticky and I'm really picky about that but I really like these even though they are not very creamy feeling. I like the wearability of these and that they come in a lot of colors!! Definitely try these.. Don't be afraid to go dark with these also! They are not as intense as they are in the tube.. Also, I actually really like the applicator on these. It makes for really easy application.*
I ended up ordering two more colors of the liquid lipstick. SEE REVIEW ABOVE.

1.) Caramel Candy


2.) Strawberry










ELF Mineral Lipgloss -- $3.00
1.) Trophy Wife
2.) Au Naturale
*My Opinion -- These are actually really decent glosses. Very creamy and pigmented. I wish the doe tip applicator would come out of the bottle with more product on it but that's really not a huge complaint. Lots of colors. NOTE: Trophy wife is pretty much a clear gloss even though it looks gold in the tube. It goes on clear.*




ELF Conditioning Lip Balm SPF 15 -- $3.00
1.) Romantic Rouge
2.) Peaceful Pink
3.) Blissful Berry
4.) Mellow Melon
*My Opinion -- I actually LOVE these. They get a lot of bad reviews on ELF's website but I really love how pigmented these are and how they are really creamy. I definitely recommend these!! These have way more pigmentation than the liquid lipsticks so I prefer these over those but both are great products for the price. I will definitely be getting more colors of these. Only complaint: The opening to actually get the product out is small and with nails, its extremely difficult. I just bought the set of 10 lip wands though to get the product out so not really a big issue!*

2 in 1 Conditioning Gloss -- $3.00
1.) Golden
2.) Perfect Pink
3.) Supermodel
*My Opinion -- Absolutely NOT worth the money!!!!!! As you can see the first two, the color doesn't even show up that comes out of the center of the lipglosses. Cheaply made, glossy is very tacky. I will NOT buy any more and will throw these away, that's how much I don't like them*




These are TERRIBLE! Hard to get the product out.. This was after wiping the gloss off three times and still no color.. Not worth it..











ELF Super Glossy Lip Shine -- $1.00
1.) Malt Shake
2.) Pink Kiss 
3.) Honey Do
4.) Candlelight
*My Opinion -- These smell really good so I really was hoping I'd like these. They have a really great grape vanilla scent BUT are awful glosses!! SUPER TACKY, I mean its literally hard to rub your lips together, its that tacky. The color payoff isn't very good either... Plus the colors on a couple of these are way off from the site.. Not worth a dollar! These will be thrown away too*

 ELF Minty Lip Gloss -- $3.00
1.) Los Angeles
2.) Nashville
3.) San Diego
4.) Chicago
5.) Miami
6.) Houston
*My Opinion -- Saved my FAVORITE for last!! These are worth even $3.00 a lipgloss! I love everything about these. The color may not be as pigmented as I'd like but they are buildable colors, have mint in them so they give a strong cooling effect, taste amazing!! haha I'll be buying the last three so I have all the colors! Because they are not as pigmented, don't be afraid to try darker colors. These are definitely worth the money!!!*



Only complaint is that the lid is cheaply put together... Easy fix with super glue though. I love the gloss so much that I'm okay with the lid being really cheap. haha The two seperated as soon as I opened it.. Fixed it and am happy with the product.












I hope you all enjoyed my lip product review. I will be posting a misc. product review soon since I have a few things that I didn't post in my first post of eye products and such since the orders hadn't come in yet! Hope you all are having a great day!

Remember, always stay smiling!!

XoXo,
LB

No comments:

Post a Comment