Wednesday, March 2, 2011

&*(ELF Cosmetics Haul/Review -- Misc. Products)*&

Hello again! =) Hope everyone has been enjoying their week. As promised in my last post, I have another random review of some more ELF products. This will be on eye products and a few concealer type products. Hope you all enjoy! Remember to stay tuned for more nail tutorials!! =)

Also, please give me some ideas of nail designs you'd like to see! I want to take some requests from people who actually view my blog! I am currently working on tutorials for: strawberry nails, cupcake nails, rainy day nails, penguin (by request) nails, stars (by request) nails, hello kitty nails, and some striped nails. Give me some ideas of what you'd like to see!!

NOTE: I BOUGHT THESE PRODUCTS WITH MY OWN MONEY. I DO NOT WORK FOR ELF OR AM I BEING PAID TO DO THIS REVIEW. THESE ARE MY HONEST OPINIONS && I HOPE YOU ENJOY!!!

Anyways, let's get to the review!!

ELF Cream Eyeliner -- $3.00
1.) (top) Gunmetal
2.) (bottom) Purple
*My Opinion -- Okay, I love cream eyeliners for my lower lash line but these are terrible. I really wanted to love these because I love the colors but they are very chalky and hard to smooth out the clumps. The top swatch is just to show the color, next is too show it blended out (which does really well if blended out with a finger, but not practical for a liner), and last is a line done with the brushes that come with this. I HATE these brushes... Upside to this product is it could probably be used as a cream eyeshadow, a base for dark colors possibly? Not sure.. Hoping I don't have to just throw these away. Note these are also NOT smudge proof!!*

*All $3.00*
1.) (same as above) Cream eyeliner in Ivory
2.) Elf Pigment Eyeshadow in Passionate Purple
3.) Elf Pigment Eyeshadow in Naughty Noire
4.) Cream Eyeshadow in Dawn
*My Opinion -- My review on the cream eyeliners is above.. As for the pigment eyeshadows, OMG I love these! haha The left side of the swatches are dry, the right is wet. These are AMAZING wet so I'll use them as eyeliners even. I think they are worth $3.00 and you get quite a bit of product so gotta love that too!!
As for the cream eyeshadow, I love these as well! (see better review on this product in my misc. eye products review) They are super creamy and blend really well. I ended up ordering this one for when I do neutral looks.*


ELF Mineral Eyeshadow -- $3.00
1.) Outdoorsy
2.) Dreamy
3.) Beachy
*My Opinion -- These are probably my favorite buy from ELF. The left side is dry, the right is the eyeshadow wet. I have been using Outdoorsy a lot as an eyeliner as you can tell from the spot on the lid haha NOTE: Beachy is actually darker than on here, the flash brightened it no matter what flash I used! Sorry about that.. anyways, they are really great! I have been using them with the eye primer from ELF and they stay on all day! Gotta love that. Plus they have added new colors as well, lots to choose from! Definitely try these out!*


*All $.100*
1.) Waterproof Eyeliner Pen in Black
2.) Liquid Eyeliner in Silver
3.) Liquid Eyeliner in Plum
4.) Liquid Eyeliner in Black
*My Opinion --  *sorry that the lines were not straight haha Couldn't draw a straight line to save my life that day!!!* The eyeliner pen is okay.. Not my favorite but worth a dollar I guess... Not really impressed but a cheap alternative if you don't want to buy an expensive one in the store or something.. The liquid eyeliners... The silver is especially awful!! The tip was really hard and I couldn't imagine putting that on a sensitive area like my eye!!!! The other two were also not the greatest but at least better than the silver's tip. I am kinda indifferent about this product. Not the worst, not the best.*

ELF Duo Eye Shadow Cream -- $.100
1.) Coffee & Cream
2.) Berry Mix
*My Opinion -- These are seriously shimmery, especially the lighter colors. These were blasted all over YouTube as a great base for eye shadow.. I agree, IF you want a shimmery look at least with these two colors. I can't say its the same for all of them but I actually didn't like the shimmer. I might use this for a night out with eyeshadow on top but not alone. Worth the money as a cheap base alternative though to help especially hold loose eyeshadow in place*

1.) Eye Primer & Liner Sealer -- $3.00
2.)Under Eye Concealer & Highlighter (glow/fair) -- $3.00
3.) ELF Mineral Blemish Powder in Sheer -- $8.00
4.) Eyelid Primer -- $1.00
5.) ELF Concealer Pencil & Brush in Fair -- $3.00
*My Opinion -- Starting with the first one, the eye primer is okay but I like the formula of #4. The first product creases and I personally don't use the liner sealer.. The second product is actually really nice. I like the highlighter.. The left side is the highlighter and the right is the concealer.. The concealer works well for under eye area and this product has a really creamy easy to blend formula. The third product.. I added a lot of product just so you could see there was a swatch there.. This is a bit shimmery which I don't like but I haven't tested this fully to see how it works for blemishes. I will try this product everyday for a month and see how I feel about it then.. The fourth product is an everyday product now! This works well with the loose eyeshadows and doesn't crease. Great cheap alternative to something like Urban Decay's Primer Potion. I also have the mineral eyeshadow primer from ELF *not pictured* but I like it just the same. The last product I hate so much. It is not fair at all and has an orange tint too it. The brush is great but not worth buying this product for that brush.
ELF Nail Polish Remover Pads -- $1.00 for 18 pads
*My Opinion -- I LOVE THESE! My husband always complains about me using strong smelling nail polish remover but these don't have that strong smell. They have a pleasant lemon smell too them and really do a great job removing nail polish. If you don't like the smell of nail polish remover, try these. They may not be very cost effective in my opinion since I do nail tutorials BUT I like them anyways. I bought three more of these after I tried it when I first ordered these. I just really like the smell of them and hey, it makes my husband happy! WIN WIN =P *

Well thank you everyone for checking out my beauty blog and I hope you like my reviews on these products. I will be doing a review on products from Avon soon as well as more reviews of ELF products. I have brushes, brush cleaner, and another palette from ELF to review!! Will be up soon!

If you are reading my review and don't have me as a friend on facebook, add me! BeautysMagic@yahoo.com Let me know you saw my Beauty Blog!!!! =)

Remember, always keep smiling!!

XoXo,
LB

No comments:

Post a Comment