Tuesday, March 29, 2011

&*(BFTE Cosmetics Looks!)*&

Hello loves! So I know I'm a little late getting this up. I apologize. I've been busy getting ready for my father in law to come to visit and just had a lot of stuff going on. ANYWAYS!

So I finally got to play with my colors and I have to admit, I didn't think I could be any more impressed but yet I am! These colors blend so well and I love their staying power! Even my go to eye makeup remover *extra virgin olive oil* had a little trouble which hey! I'm okay with! I rather have my colors stay put so that means I don't have to do touch ups 5 times a day! haha

Anyways, I decided to also do a look with the new color of the week: Iced Violets. The color of the week is where you get a full size jar of eye shadow for the sample size price.. $2.00. I love Iced Violets because its such a soft purple which is not something I have in my collection. Definitely check it out!

http://www.bftecosmetics.com/

**Note: I haven't done my hair for the day yet... Its 4 AM. haha Decided it was just easier to put it in a pony tail and keep my bangs to the side haha*

First Look -- Neutral


I truly believe everyone should learn to do a neutral look as one of their first looks. As many guru's and such have pointed out.. makeup shouldn't define you, just enhance your natural beauty! I personally usually do purple looks because of my eye color BUT neutrals will look good on ANYONE! =)


Remember be happy with who you are underneath your makeup too!!
First tip of this Blog! haha








All colors are exactly as said in picture BUT...

I took Truffle AND Oak and blended to the brow bone. I like truffle as a matte color BUT I wanted some sparkle too this which Oak is exactly that!! No matter how much I tried my flash took out the sparkle and since its 4 AM.. I kind of needed the flash! haha

My picture above this I liked but I wanted a little more flash too it so I added Autumn as a liner.. I just smudged it into the lower lash line.



Second Look -- Green on Green

 Okay, Second Tip of this Blog: DEFINITELY have a larger fluffy brush to blend out harsh lines and blend colors together. My first attempts with these eyeshadows I couldn't find any of mine and it was harder to blend with a contour brush. I LOVE the fluffy blending brush from ELF. I used all ELF brushes for these looks. =)


I had never done a bright color like this but I decided to try and even though I have green/hazel eyes.. I really like this on me.

Third tip of this Blog: Don't be afraid of color. Think about it. Your eyes are not closed all the time *unless sleeping haha* so you won't see all the bright colors the whole time your eyes are open! Bold colors can enhance your eye color as well! =)

Just as the last look, everything is as is in the picture but I blended Green Apple and Caribbean together all the way to the brow bone.

I have to say out of these colors, I am loving $10 Pineapple! I'm going to buy a full size of this color as well as Butt Naked which are such great high light colors for me. Personally I just love the sparkle in $10 Pineapple. =)



Third Look -- Smokey Blues

Usually I stay away from blue unless its a blue smokey eye. A lot of people tend to fear blues because they can sometimes be really intense but...

Fourth Tip of this Blog: NOT ALL SHADES OF BLUE OR GREEN OR PURPLE etc are the same! Don't be afraid to try a color that you wouldn't normally wear. In this case, I mixed a bold blue called Bermuda with a charcoal sparkly gray called Alakazam to tone the color down to make it more wearable.

Fifth tip of this Blog: Ever have one of those days where you are running late and you have to do your makeup fast; try a neutral lid and a pop of bright color on the lower lash line! It will instantly brighten your face and you are out the door! =)




As I wrote earlier, your eye is not always open so the colors are not as intense when your eye is open. I decided to just show an example of this look. Personally I wish I would have done an eyeliner on the bottom lash line to just make this a little more intense of a smokey eye but that's just me.

Sixth tip of this Blog: As you can see usually always add a color to my crease. Doing this adds depth to your eyes and is key to doing a smokey eye. I personally don't take the color in my crease all the way to the inner corner of the eye because I feel it becomes too harsh and like to keep light colors on the inner corner to brighten the eye area.






Just as the others, I decided to blend two colors to the brow bone.. Alakazam and Bermuda.

For me, Bermuda is a little too bold of a blue for me all over the lid so I just toned it down with another color. I do that a lot when it comes to a lot of the palettes I have and such.

Seventh tip of this Blog: Use a lighter color than your skin tone on your inner corner of your eye. This instantly brightens the eye area! I used Butt Naked on the inner corner and under my eyebrow.

Fourth Look -- Mixing Colors

Mixing color combinations to make an eye look is one way to instantly grab people's attention. I personally LOVE using teal colors as a lower lash line color. It brings a pop of color to the look and compliments the other colors used.

I kept the lid very light and then put the bold teal on the bottom to bring attention to the eyes.

Eighth tip of the Blog: Okay, so I didn't do this with this look because its 4 AM and I was only wearing lip balm BUT remember the best rule with makeup... If you do a bright eye or bold eye makeup, make sure you do your lips in a nude/neutral color.

If you do a light eye, then do a bold lip! You don't want your makeup to be too in your face *no pun intended haha* and as I pointed out before, just enhance the beauty you already have!!! =)

As you can see in this look, I chose to do a light pink, purple (the color of the week, this week!!!), and the pop of teal.

This is actually what I'll be wearing today!

Remember, be creative! Try things you wouldn't before! You'll be amazed. I never thought I'd like yellow on me or pinks and I actually do!

Have fun with your makeup! =)








Remember to check out http://www.bftecosmetics.com/ every week to see if a color you want has been chosen as the color of the week. Join their fan page on facebook (just seach Beauty From the Earth) and you can help choose the color of the week and keep up to date on sales and contests!






Thanks for reading and hope you liked all the looks and tips! I'll definitely do more soon!!

XoXoXo,
LB
<3

No comments:

Post a Comment