Wednesday, March 2, 2011

&*(Nail Tutorial -- Cheatin' Cheetah)*&

Hello everyone! I'm back with another nail tutorial. I hope you all enjoy this really easy tutorial! Be creative, you can always change the colors or do something different than what I did! =) That's the beauty of nail art designs or makeup, its a way to express yourself!

Let's get Started!!!
I ALWAYS start with a base coat. Currently I'm using Sally Hansen Double Duty Strengthening Base & Top Coat. Always protect your nails from any nail polish because you don't want to stain your actual nail.














Base coats, depending on the one you use, can alway strengthen and condition your nails. I sometimes use a hardener nail polish in this stage too. As you can see, I broke my pinky nail off so I'm being extra careful as I grow it back out! If you are really into doing nails, I ALWAYS recommend using strengtheners so you can keep your nails growing long and beautiful! =)











Next, I painted my nails with this color by Pure Ice.. Jaguar. This is a really unique color. It's a pale gold with gold glitter in it. It's really pretty.. Sadly, when taking pictures of gold toned nail polishes, my camera freaked out and didn't take the best pictures.. =( *sorry!!*













Always add thin coats of nail polish and let them dry. This will dry MUCH faster than globs of nail polish. It's a pain but patience will take you places with doing nails! haha This was just one coat. I did two to get the color I wanted.













Next, I used this very sparkly gold glitter nail polish by Sinful Colors.. called this is it. I decided to add some extra detail and did a french tip with this nail polish to all of my nails. It gave the nails just a little depth and a little more "pop" in my opinion. French tip is always optional!













Here is a pic after I did the french tip.. you can see the Jaguar color better here. =) Its one of my favorite everyday colors. =) Remember, the trick to french tip... Roll your finger and leave the brush still, it'll give you a clean straight line everytime!













This was just an added step because I love everything to be sparkly!! haha I did a thin line under the french tip as well as all over the nail after I did the last step of the black C's around the spots to just add some sparkle.
















Time for the spots! I chose this true copper color by Pure Ice, called Gold Dust. I decided to stay within the gold shimmery family so this is what I chose for the spots. You can choose whatever color scheme you like though! =)














For this design, I chose to just have the spots going up the side of the nails other than the middle finger which has spots everywhere. You could use a dotting tool for this, a q-tip, or as I did.. just the nail polish brush. I didn't want all the spots to be perfect... No cheetah's spots are all the same! =)





Now to add the black around the spots! I used Kiss Nail Art Paint in Black. This is one of those nail polishes with a thin brush.. If you don't have a thin brush, you could always use a toothpick or a thin paint brush to do the details.















Create small C shapes around all the spots you made. Make them messy and all different just like cheetah spots! =)  Add a top coat, and you are finished!!
















I hope you enjoyed this tutorial. It's super easy and is meant too be messy so be creative. This took me 30 minutes from start to finish!! Hope you all try them and enjoy being fierce! =)

Remember, Always Keep Smiling!

XoXo,
LB
















No comments:

Post a Comment