Tuesday, March 22, 2011

&*(Nail Tutorial -- Be a Star)*&

Hello again loves! As promised, I am getting my nail tutorial up today! I apologize its a day late. I had a few complications with the nail polishes I used... will explain as I do the tutorial! lol

I put up on my FaceBook page asking people to give me some requests of nail designs. I absolutely LOVE the challenge plus I love putting stuff up that I know you want to see! So as requested by one of my good friends, Larissa, I have put together a bright star design. She wanted green and pink but sadly I couldn't find that right green to go with the pinks that I had. =( I ended up doing orange with pink for the summer time! =)

So hope you enjoy! Thank you again for the request Larissa! Keep them coming everyone!! =)

Keep reading for the step by step tutorial to do the nails below!!! ENJOY!














Products I used:
As my primer/base coat... I just used my favorite nail hardener by Sally Hansen! I HAVE to use a product like this or I'll end up breaking my nails quickly.
As the base color, I chose AVON nail enamel in Viva Pink. First I have to say I love Avon nail polishes and the colors are beautiful and affordable, but the dry time on this nail polish even with thin layers was AWFUL!!!! I'll stick to their speed dry nail polishes.
For the sparkles on the pink, I used KleanColor Nail Lacquer in Fuschia Glitter.. I didn't use the larger pieces of glitter in this polish, just the rainbow sparkles.

For the detailing I used:
As the base stripe, I used Sally Hansen Xtreme wear in Sun Kissed. I'm a huge fan of these polishes and have almost all the Xtreme wear colors! haha
For just added detailing and cleaning up the Sun Kissed stripe, I used a blue based pink by Nabi Nail Art Lacquer in Bright Pink. I'd never heard of this brand of nail art striping polishes but I LOVE THEM! I want more! haha
For the stars.. I didn't have any star glitters so I just used the star glitters in this polish by KleanColor Nail Lacquer called Silver Star!


So to start as always, ALWAYS treat your nails with a base coat or like I did, use a hardener to protect your nails. I personally did two coats of hardener to make sure my nails were protected from staining and to help keep my nails from breaking since I'm still growing my pinky nail out after it broke! haha











Base color time! I did two thin coats of Viva Pink. This took forever to dry and it was very streaky. A good dupe by Avon would be Strawberry of their speed dry collection. Its a little darker but dry time would have been much better!!












Instead of doing a french tip, I did the same technique but diagonal across the nail with the sun kissed color. If the line isn't straight or perfect, no worries! I used my pin striping along the edge of the lines to clean it up.

Remember, you don't have to be perfect or whatever! Nail polish can be messy! You can always clean up the edges when you are done! When I first started doing french tips, I'd start on my skin and then rotate my nail to get the perfect line! haha Its okay to make mistakes.
=)

You can see on my middle finger, I have polish on my skin too! haha People ask me how I get the perfect nails.. its because I started out messy and cleaned them up! ;-)


Now to start the glitter!! I decided to do the glitter before doing the pin stripes on the edge of the orange color. For this, literally just add as much glitter to the pink part of the nail.

You could always have just regular glitter and clear nail polish. I wish I'd had done that. For that option, just add clear nail polish where you want the glitter to stick then sprinkle the glitter over those spots.. Let it dry, then wipe away the extra glitter on the nail! =)




Now add the Fuschia Pink pin striping polish on the edges of the orange color. This will clear up the lines plus you can see it better than my camera picks up. On your nails, it shows up as a highlighter pink color with a slight blue tone.

After I did that, I added the stars from the polish. This again would have been easier with just nail glitters and clear nail polish but since I didn't have any star glitters, I did it the hard way. I used a paper plate to put the polish on, got a star on the end of the brush, then placed it. Took a bit of time, but I like the result!


Well I hope you enjoyed this tutorial!! I know I'll be wearing these nails for at least a week or so! =) I will be posting a great trick after this post about how to take off thick hard to remove nail polish! I will have reviews of BFTE *Beauty from The Earth* Cosmetics this week as well! Thanks again for all the support! <3


Remember until Next Time, ALWAYS STAY SMILING!
XOXOXO,
LB

No comments:

Post a Comment