Friday, March 4, 2011

&*(Nail Tutorial -- Sweet Strawberry)*&

Hello loves! =) I'm back again early in the morning with my newest nail design. My husband is stuck working crazy hours so I stayed up late and decided to do new nails and since you have all been patient with me, I decided to put it before I go to bed even though its 4:30 in the morning haha!

So this is my newest design! Read ahead for a step by step tutorial and the products I used!

Sorry the lighting was bad.. I have a better pic of my whole hand at the end! =)

So here we go!!
*Instead of taking pictures of each bottle, I took two pictures of the products I used and will list and say where I used them! =)


Left to Right
Sally Hansen Hard as Nails Hardener
Sinful Colors Professionals Base Coat
AVON Speed Dry Nail Enamel in Strawberry
Pure Ice in Watermelon Ice


Left to Right
Sally Hansen Hard as Nails Xtreme Wear in Going Green
Sally Hansen Hard as Nails Xtreme Wear in White On
Sinful Colors Professional in Green Ocean
Sinful Colors Professional in Pinky Glitter

Since I broke my pinky nail, I decided to start with Sally Hansen Hard as Nails Hardener to help keep my nails strong. It never hurts also with using bold colors to make sure you have a good base coat to keep your nails from having stains.







So on the safe side since I've dyed my nails before without a base haha, I added two coats of Sinful Colors Professional Base Coat... I am a fan of their nail polish so when I was shopping for the perfect green today for the leaf part of the strawberry nails, I picked up this base coat. I may do a review on it later on. =)



Now to start the strawberry nails! =) I love Avon products so when looking for the perfect shade for the strawberry, I found AVON Speed Dry Nail Enamel in Strawberry! I love tons of AVON nail polish so I was glad to get to use this one. It does dry quick which was also a plus!




Now if you know me, I LOVE sparkle so I decided to add an extra step and coat the entire nail with Pure Ice in Watermelon Ice. You don't have to add as much sparkle as I did of course, but I like the added effect.






Now to add the leaf part of the strawberry. Okay, this may seem hard but once you get started, it gets easier, I promise! haha You can do this two ways.. either use just the brush of the nail polish, or you can use an old paint detailing brush. Personally I used both, although I found that to just create the leaf part, its easier to use the brush and just clean up the lines with a detailing brush.

You create the leaf part of the strawberry by creating three triangles, making the middle one longer than the other two. To clean up the edges, I just put a drop of nail polish on a paper plate and used the detail brush I had laying around the house to clean up the lines. Also remember, these don't have to be perfect and they don't have to come to a point like mine did!

Be creative. You can make them rounded or pointed, doesn't matter! Make the design your own! =)

I used Sally Hansen Hard as Nails Xtreme Wear in Going Green for the leaf part. I found this color just complimented the pinky red color.




Now time for the little details. So I used Sally Hansen Hard as Nails Xtreme Wear in White On. Either with the tip of the brush of the nail polish or a detailing brush, add random spots to the pink part of the nails. I used a detailing brush for a little better control with the spots.






This is again just an added step that wasn't really needed, but I took Sinful Colors in Pinky Glitter and dotted it over the white color. I personally wanted this to be a very sparkly look.

Sorry the quality of the picture is bad... I promise the spots are more of a light pink now.. haha




To finish the sparkly effect, I added Sinful Colors in Green Ocean over the green leaf part. This glitter nail polish is fantastic. It has chunky foil like glitter in it and it makes for a really great way to finish the look!

I personally LOVE the bold colors and glitter but you don't have to have them as flashy! Take out the glitter nail polishes and you still have a great look!


So I hope you enjoyed this tutorial! This was definitely one of the harder nail designs I've done but once I got started, it does get easier I promise! I hope you all give this a try, this would be perfect for the summer months ahead!

Remember, Always keep Smiling!

XoXo,
LB

No comments:

Post a Comment